Tuesday, September 14, 2021

The 80s are back!

 Welcome back folks!

In case you didn't notice: the 80s are back. Haircuts, clothing, movies and of course... music. Yes... even John Mayer has released an album with sounds, art and videos like the ones we had during the eighties.

So... believe it or not my next song had to be inspired by that decade. I can't deny I dig a good amount of the music and movies that were done back then (others was utterly bad though). I listen or watched them quite often, and for some time I have wanted to create some music with the kind of sounds we were listening on the radio or as movie soundtracks then. But I didn't really sit to do it. Until I was offered the opportunity to create a theme for a new podcast focused on the F-14 Tomcat. If you don't know what that is: does "Top Gun" rings a bell? Yes... that airplane :) So, the podcast is called "F-14 Tomcast" (I love the name, hehe), in case you feel inclined to give it a listen.

Anyway, with that movie in mind I created this song, "Catapult". The name is descriptive enough if you're interested on jet fighters, aircraft carriers and that kind of jazz. And for this special occasion I've even created a music video. Here it goes:


As always the song is also available as audio streaming on Bandcamp:

 I have to say that despite it's not perfect  I'm quite proud of the final result. I think the goal was achieved (sounds like the music you may expect hearing while watching a jet fighter movie from the 80s) and I think my recording and mixing are improving. And I kind of like the song itself too.

Enough talking... hope you like it.

See you on the next one!

No comments: